Today I am excited to share with you a super easy eggnog recipe. I enjoy drinking eggnog every year during the festive season. But I had never actually made it myself before. That is until this year when I added ‘making eggnog’ to my bucket list as one of the things that I wanted to do this December.
For some reason, eggnog sounded complicated to make. So I was always happy to buy my eggnog from the supermarket. And it tasted fine to me because I had never ever tasted homemade eggnog before. But this easy eggnog recipe is so delicious. Once you try it, you really won’t want to go back to the supermarket variety.
This easy eggnog recipe is simply divine! Every time that you take a sip you will smell all the delicious aromas of vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. It’s like Christmas in a glass!
Easy Eggnog Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup Brandy
- Combine milk, cream, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Once the mixture is boiling then remove it from the heat. Allow to infuse and cool down slightly.
- In a large bowl beat the egg yolks and sugar until it is a light yellow colour and smooth consistency.
- Remove the cinnamon sticks from the milk.
- Slowly whisk in the milk to the egg yolk and sugar mixture and continue to mix until well combined.
- Add the brandy and stir.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 3-4 hours
- For this easy eggnog recipe, you can use either full-cream milk or low-fat milk. I wouldn’t recommend skim milk.
- You can easily adjust the sugar and alcohol to your own taste
- Other types of alcohol that you can use instead of brandy are dark rum, cognac or whiskey.
- This delicious easy eggnog will taste great chilled for 3-4 hours but it tastes even more amazing if you leave it in the fridge overnight. This will allow all the flavours to come together and infuse. Giving the eggnog a richer flavour.
- The eggnog will keep in the fridge for 3 days.
- This recipe is for 4 people but you can easily double it to make it for 8.
- If doubling the recipe then use 5 egg yolks instead of 3.
If you are interested in other fun and easy-to-make Christmas drinks recipes. Then you can find them here. ?
If you are interested in other fun Christmas drinks recipes you can find them here.