I absolutely love lasagna!! Nothing beats the delicious cheesy goodness, creamy sauce and classic meat sauce in between layers of melt-in-your-mouth pasta. It’s like cozy comfort in a dish. As much as I absolutely love eating lasagna. It can be fiddly and time-consuming to make. Not to mention all the saucepans you are left with to clean up at the end!
But this recipe is super easy to make because it skips all the fussiness associated with making a bechamel sauce! The no-cook cheese sauce in this recipe is just too easy. Your family will love tucking into this dish any night of the week. It can also be frozen and it will taste just as good as the day you first made it!
Super Easy Lasagna Recipe
- Fresh lasagna sheets
- Tasty shredded cheese to sprinkle over the top before it goes into the oven
- 2tbspn olive oil
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1 onion chopped
- 500 grams of mince
- 700 g passata
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1tspn dried oregano
- 1tspn dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 375g ricotta cheese
- 125g parmesan cheese
- 200ml cream
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC
- To make the meat sauce, heat olive oil in a saucepan. Add onion and crushed garlic and cook until the onion is soft. Add the mince and cook until brown.
- Stir in the passata, chicken stock, dried oregano and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- To make the cheese sauce. Simply combine ricotta, cream and parmesan cheese in a bowl or small jug.
- Assemble the lasagna by pouring approximately half a cup of meat sauce into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top with a fresh lasagna sheet and then add meat sauce followed by cheese sauce
- Repeat the layers until you have 4 layers.
- Finish by sprinkling shredded tasty cheese over the top of the final layer of sauce.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until lasagna is cooked through.
- Allow lasagna to stand for approximately 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Garden Salad
- Garlic bread
- Easy Mediterranean couscous
- If you don’t eat beef mince then you can always substitute it with chicken or even turkey mince.
- You can also make it with a combination of veal and pork mince.
- I prefer to use fresh lasagna sheets but you can also go ahead and use instant sheets.
- This recipe is so easy because the cheese sauce is just a simple mixture of ricotta cheese, cream and parmesan cheese. You skip all the effort of having to make the bechamel sauce but you still achieve the creaminess.
- If you want to cut down on calories you can use light cream and light ricotta to make the cheese sauce.