Hello Jam Drops!
I thought today I would share a Jam drop recipe with you. They not only taste delicious they also look great with that spot of jam smack in the middle. I can’t think of a better-looking biscuit, can you?
One of the reasons why I love this recipe so much is because it has wholemeal spelt flour instead of just white flour. Plus it also contains almond meal which I think gives it a really nice nutty flavour.
Additionally, Spelt flour is so much better for you than regular old flour. So it’s a win/win. Health in a sweet biscuit (sort of).
Oh yes and instead of caster sugar, I use Rapadura sugar. Rapadura sugar is a type of a very unrefined sugar.
If these Jam drops last long enough at my house, my son might be lucky enough to get them in his lunch box. Yes, he’s a big boy but he loves a good Jam drop in his lunch box. As for me, I eat one (or three) with a cup of tea in the evening after dinner when all the chores are done. So it’s like a reward after a long day!
Here is the Recipe for you-
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 125 grams softened butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rapadura sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup spelt wholemeal flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- fruit jam
- Line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
- Use a food processor to grind the oats into a fine flour
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla using an electric beater on high until it is fluffy and light
- Add egg and mix until just combined
- Add oat flour, spelt flour, almond meal, and baking powder. Stir until combined. Place in fridge for approximately 30 minutes.
- Roll portions about the size of a walnut into balls and place them on the prepared tray. Make sure they are roughly 3 cm apart
- Use your thumb to press the centre of the balls to make a well. Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon of jam into each hole.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 175 degrees C
- Allow them to cool on the tray and then transfer to a wire rack, where they should cool completely.
And that’s it! delicious Jam drops. Oh yes, another thing I think they’re called Thumbprint cookies in America.
Just in case you’re interested in another recipe here’s a link to my Best Granola Ever which is full of crunchy goodness!
Hope you all have a great rest of the week and thanks for stopping by today and having a look at my Jam drop recipe
Please feel free to leave me a comment. I always appreciate them!