This Goat Cheese, Potato and Onion tart is very easy to make, it looks impressive, and tastes great. It can also be made ahead of time and frozen as it reheats very nicely.
- Sheet of frozen shortcrust pastry
- 1 large onion sliced
- 25 grams butter
- 1 medium potato sliced
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 140 grams crumbled goat cheese
- 200 grams creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Roll out pastry to fit a deep 23 cm tart tin
- line pastry with baking paper fill with dry beans and bake for 15 minutes
- Remove the paper and beans pop back into the oven for a further 5 minutes until the pastry is golden. Set aside
- Turn the temperature of the oven down to 180C
- Add onions and sliced potato in a frypan with butter and olive oil on gentle heat. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add garlic and thyme cooking for a further 4 or 5 minutes
- Pour cooked onion, potatoes, garlic, and thyme into pastry case. crumble goats cheese and spread out evenly
- Whisk together eggs and Creme Fraiche or sour cream snd season
- Gently pour into the pastry case
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until it is a light golden brown and the tart is set in the middle
- Serve with salad
This recipe serves 4-6 and can be easily frozen. Firstly, make sure the tart is completely cool before placing in a freezer bag and sealing it. You can freeze the tart for up to one month. Then when you are ready to serve, just thaw at room temperature for approximately 3-4 hours and reheat for 20 minutes at 180C.
My family loved this Goat cheese, potato, and onion tart for dinner on Wednesday night. Next time I entertain I will make this tart for sure. Just looks and tastes great. Guaranteed to impress your friends and family. Enjoy!!
If you are looking for another dinner idea click here for my Simple Chicken and vegetable stir fry.