This super easy pinwheels recipe will be sure to be a big hit with your kids. You only need two ingredients and any toppings you fancy! Plus you can pop them in the freezer too as they freeze really well.
Packing sandwiches all the time can become a bit boring, these delicious pinwheels will be sure to bring a smile to your children’s faces when they open up their lunchboxes.
When kids come home from school and they burst through the door, they are usually starving. These pinwheels will satisfy that afterschool starvation and keep them happy until dinner time.
Have A Go At Making This Easy Pinwheels Recipe With Your Kids
Cooking with your kids is so much fun for them and it has many amazing learning benefits too. So if you are looking for a simple recipe, then this easy pinwheels recipe is perfect. It’s not at all complicated and the kids will love getting their hands into the dough and helping you roll it out. They will also have fun choosing the toppings or perhaps even creating their own combinations. In fact, my sweet friend made these with her son, he kindly offered me the recipe and inspired me to do this post!
So Many Toppings To Choose From
Savoury Pinwheel Toppings
- Pizza sauce, bacon and grated tasty cheese
- Shredded ham, Cheese and pizza sauce
- Spinach, fetta and grated tasty cheese
- Ham, pineapple, pizza sauce with grated tasty cheese
- Vegemite and cheese
Sweet Pinwheel Toppings
- Chocolate spread and banana
- Grated apple, sugar and cinnamon
- Sugar and cinnamon
- Apple sauce and blueberries
Recipe For Easy Pinwheels
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cups of self-raising flour
- Extra flour for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Line a tray with baking paper and set it aside
- In a bowl add the self-raising flour and Greek yoghurt. Stir until combined.
- Knead for several minutes
- You can sprinkle more flour if the dough feels too wet
- Make sure your rolling pin and bench is floured and then roll out the dough into a rectangle approximately 1cm thick.
- Generously add the toppings of your choice
- Flour your hands and then starting from the top edge carefully roll the dough towards you.
- Use a sharp knife to slice 1-2cm slices.
- Gently place the rolls onto the prepared tray and reshape them into a circle if you need to
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until they are golden
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before transferring them onto a cooling rack
If you plan on freezing the pinwheels just make sure that they are completely cool first before you pop them into the freezer.
Don’t be shy about being generous with the toppings!