Happy Monday! It was my birthday the other day and I thought I might do a list of things you don’t know about me. Then I was contemplating whether or not to do a point for every birthday year. But I then thought that might be waaaaay too long. So instead I just stuck to 25 things you don’t know about me. So here goes……
- I love salt and I will
usuallyalways add it to my food whenever I am eating. My mum always cringes when she sees me doing this and warns me about the possible state of my kidneys.
- My nose always runs whenever I eat, I googled it one day, and apparently, it’s called gustatory rhinitis.
- Maths terrifies me and I am afraid of numbers in general. My brain just seizes up whenever I have to work out anything to do with numbers and I don’t have enough fingers to count with.
- I have never won a trophy or any kind of award because I am the least sporty person in the whole universe. I did win a packet of plasticine in Year 2 for a spelling contest.
- I dodged three security guards and a long line of fans so that I could get to meet Ricky Martin.
- I love McDonald’s but only eat it rarely. My go-to order is always a big mac, large fries, and a strawberry thick shake or coke.
- I love watching my favourite movies over and over. My family can’t understand this but I think this is perfectly normal.
- The beach is my least favourite place to go because there’s so much sand, sun, and water.
- My cousin won tickets to a meet and greet with Keith Urban as well as front row tickets to his concert. She took me along and I had a great time. Although I am sure he is a very talented man I am not a fan. And I did not know a single one of his songs. I had to wear a special pass sticker and when I went to the bathroom a fan noticed it. So she asked me if I had met him. I said yes so then she asked if she could touch my arm because I had been so close to Keith. Lucky I didn’t mention that I had actually gotten a peck on the cheek and a hug from him.
- I want to be an early riser but I just can’t, probably because I stay up way too late.
- Whenever I get a coffee at Starbucks or wherever I always say my name is Sam. It’s just easier.
- On the topic of names, the kids at preschool all think my name is either roof or woof and I have even been called Bruce. This cracks me up!
- When I was young I really disliked being the centre of attention. I only just managed to cope with being sung happy birthday to but I shook like a leaf and thought I was going to be sick when I walked down the aisle on my wedding day. I’m much better now though and would probably cartwheel down the aisle. That is if I knew how to cartwheel.
- I had my oldest son in a public hospital which means you get seen by any doctor on duty at the time. I had a gazillion stitches so I remembered the doctor’s face really well. A couple of years later I was at my friend’s wedding and when we were seated at the reception table. I looked up and there was the same doctor sitting directly opposite me. Of course, he didn’t recognise my face because it was probably the only part of me he hadn’t seen when I was lying there on the hospital bed.
- I really dislike chocolate cake, ugh. I love chocolate bars with nuts or other fillings but not cake!
- I went to an all-girls private school from kindy to year 12. So I was super shy around boys.
- I speak fluent Spanish but I’m stuck on 1970s Spanish slang because that’s what my parents spoke when they migrated to Australia. Whenever I talk to a visiting relative they think this is hilarious and I can hardly understand what they are saying because I am not familiar with their current slang.
- If I’m anxious or stressed I can’t eat, my appetite just leaves me completely.
- I don’t have any brothers or sisters and I really wish that I did.
- I cry really easily
- Growing up my favourite book was “One Child” by Torey L. Hayden. I read it over and over and it inspired me to work with children.
- I love stationery. Pens, pencils, notebooks, notepads, sticky notes etc all bring me joy.
- I have an amazing sense of smell. This is both good and bad.
- I can’t eat spicy hot food. I panic and think I am going to choke and die in front of everyone.
- I am a pretty good whistler and I can whistle Mozart’s serenade No.13 in G major.
Happy Monday Friends, thanks so much for stopping by and I really hope you have the best week!
My cousin and I at the Keith Urban meet and greet. It was a fun time and he was very friendly.